Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Repurposing Left Overs

Before children, I used to eat meals from the same caserole dish every day until the dish was gone.  With children, this is just not possible.  So, I have decided one thing I want to post here (that is both fun and functional) is how to make left overs not seem so boring.  I am calling this reporposing left overs.

In the fridge we had left over BBQ pulled chicken, crescent rolls, and cheese.  I thought to myself "this could work" and a new family favorite was born.

I will call them the Western Crescent Sammy!

The recipe is below.

With the Western Crescent Sammy, we had fruit salad and chips!  At this meal, there was really something for everyone.

Now for the recipe!

Western Crescent Sammy 

Ingredients:
Left over BBQ Pulled Chicken
Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 pkg. Crescent Rolls

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Open the crescent rolls and lay out like you are going to make the crescent rolls.
Sprinkle cheese on the large part of the triangle.  (It looked to be about a tablespoon.)
Put BBQ Pulled Chicken on top of the cheese.  (I put about 4 tablespoons on mine.)
Roll up the crescent roll like normal.  
Fold up one other side to hold in meat and cheese.
Bake for 10 - 15 minutes.

I am looking for new and different ways to reuse left overs in a fun way for the family!  If you have any ideas, you should share them in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment