Saturday, July 5, 2014

Freezer to Crockpot Creamy Italian Chicken

I am not sure where I got this one from, but I have seen several versions of it out there.  I think I have put a couple of versions together (I am not sure)!  This one smelled so good when I was putting it together that my husband said "I am not sure what you are making, but the smell is making me hungry" from a different room.

This dish include cream cheese, so I am hoping it works!  If it does it will open up a whole new category of freezer to crockpot meals for me…cream cheese recipes!



Creamy Italian Chicken 

Shopping List:
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 dry packet of Italian Seasoning

Directions:
0: Get a gallon size freezer bag and write out the crock pot directions and serving suggestions (see below) onto the bag.
1: Mix together softened cream cheese, cream of chicken soup, and Italian Seasoning packet in a bowl.
2: Place in gallon size freezer bag with chicken.
3: Get as much air out of the bag as you can.  Flatten the bag and freeze it.
5: When ready to cook, thaw in the fridge overnight.

Crock Pot Directions: Cook on low for 4 - 6 hours.

Serving suggestions: Serve with mashed potatoes, cooked veggies, and fruit salad.

No comments:

Post a Comment